Alley - C&C Pls!

voidet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!
Bit nervous here, posting my first pic to be ripped apart!

Shot in Dortmund Germany last August:
view3_baaacb_img_2856.jpg

If you would like a more detail version please check out:
Here

Love to know what you think :)
VoiDeT

It's a pretty cool shot. The highlights are blown vs. the shadows.So it is something that is hard to print. Was that the conversion you where looking for? I guess it gives a old photo look, but I always lean more toward the contrasty B&W.

Heya!

Well the original shot was washed out, and the colours were already dark, and the sky overexposed. So i thought i would exaggerate these just a little bit more, increase the contrast and turn it to a mild sepia tone :) Then yeah! it turned out to be a really old style shot.

Thanks for your comments?
Any comments on composition or anything you think that lacks KevinR?

The extreme right side is a little distracting that has the light section. Maybe cropping out. I guess it has a word on it. I just popped a straight B&W in for a different view. Not saying this is better. Just a bump of contrast.

baaacb_img_2856BWcopy.jpg

Thats cool!
Thanks :) hehe no i didnt photoshop anything out, only sepia a bit, curves and border and bottom text :D

Lets just say i wanted to keep the sky in that pic. The sun is obviously strong, how would i go about keeping the sky without washing out the foreground?

In this type of shot, it would be kinda hard to meter for because of the drastic difference between the highlights and shadows. I haven't done it, but I guess in post processing you could adjust for highlights and save, then adjust for shadows and save, then merge the 2. Just a guess.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back