allow me to introduce myself...(tricky nature images)

paigegreen916

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
tgpphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hello all! My name is Paige Green, and I’ve just transitioned from my film SLR to a DSLR. I use a Sony alpha 200 and I’m still getting used to all things digital. I’ve tried some alterations and image enhancers, but Photoshop seems so beyond me... I love advice and criticism, so please ... advise and criticize!!! I’ve posted one of my more recent images (taken at the Bolsa Chica Wetlands) as an example of my limited work (and if you could be so kind as to offer even more knowledgeable advice and opinions, I have more images on my Blog under "images" that could be better). I'm looking forward to being a part of this awesome forum, and to getting to know fellow armatures, and those beyond my skill level.
bluegreeyellow.jpg

Welcome to the forum. I am new Like you. This is my first post... :p

The sky in your image is great. Love the blue, however the subject content is lacking. There is little to hold the interest beyond that stunning blue sky. Perhaps you could try and work in a more conventional angle, and/or additional subject matter. For example, a head stone, or a tree.

It is hard to tell with such a small picture but I think that the bushes are out of focus. I agree that the subject matter is dull as well. I am relatively new to this stuff but it actually looks to me like your colors are oversaturated (which is why the sky looks so blue) but I could be wrong.

Welcome to the forum!

Most reactions

Back