Almost A Disaster!!

firemedic0135

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was going to take the new 80-200mm 2.8 lens out for a test run today and Had a near death experiance(well not quite but it was nauseating)
Had the new lens on my camera and out of the bag going down the road in the truck (do you see were this is going?)hit a turn and camera goes tumbling onto the floorboard.:cokespit:Ended up getting a ding and bent the rim of the lens so no filter/hood could be attached.:grumpy: Well I studdied it for a little while and thought I would just try and fix it with some pliers :shock: Before I tried to tap it out !!!!!Boy that was a Hairy repair!!!

Well it worked and hood/filter screwed right on no problem afterwards and I was able to push the vomit that was pushing up my gullet back to my stomach after about an hour of thinkin I had just ruined the rim of my new and kinda pricey investment.

Moral of the story is dont be a dumbass like me and leave your camera to roll about your ride and keep a filter or hood on that bad boy when you are shooting in adverse conditions.

Good thing that was the only thing that got damaged.

Oh dear, you and your camera(s) and lenses are going through a rough time these days, eh? First all your gear gets stolen, then you have this "near death experience" ... that is a bit TOO much, isn't it.

Glad to hear about where you made your vomit go...... :wink:

Very lucky!!

I slipped once and bounced my 24-70 f2.8 L off a rock while i was standing in a stream. I bent the filter ring and was almost as ill. I took it in for repair and it cost around £23 at an approved Canon repair centre in Glasgow. And i had to replace the polarizer because it wouldn't spin any more.
Total repair including filter was around £50....and the lens was fine.

Boy was i worried for a while though!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back