Almost broke my 70-200 2.8

AlexColeman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I came so close to breaking my 70-200 yesterday! :x: When i moved up to a railing, a bird flew past, startled me, and I smacked the edge of the lens into a rail, making me cringe. Luckily the hood absorbed the impact, and I walked away with only a scratched hood. It was worth it w/ some of the shots I got. C&C more then welcome.
595097463_T3n3X-X2.jpg

595097338_8CRAD-L.jpg

595097477_fDbKu-X2.jpg

595097503_dsPEm-X2.jpg

I would like to know your post-processing without you giving away any secrets. I know PP is very unique to everyone.

They have a unique look to them. They're kinda unnatural, but I still like them a lot. And I think you did a good job with the crummy lighting you were given (I'm seeing lots of sun blotches... yuck).

One should try to disguise Zoo Shots, so they don't look obviously shot in a zoo.

Better not take another chance and send the lens to me for safe keeping. :mrgreen:

Those are some great shots!

I will admit, I was kinda expecting to see some really ugly faces as a joke lol.

I would like to know your post-processing without you giving away any secrets. I know PP is very unique to everyone........
Only because there are about 10 different ways to do the accomplish the same outcome in Photoshop. ;)

I would like to know your post-processing without you giving away any secrets. I know PP is very unique to everyone.

They have a unique look to them. They're kinda unnatural, but I still like them a lot. And I think you did a good job with the crummy lighting you were given (I'm seeing lots of sun blotches... yuck).

That is pretty much SOOC, nothing really much done to them, except maybe a little sharpening.

People who are not familiar with the character that a D700 has, are often impressed with the results.

And what did we learn from this Boy's and Girl's????

Lens hood ALWAYS!!!!

This should be made into a Sticky for the next person that posts "What is a lens hood good for???":mrgreen:

Google is your friend when it comes to photoshop. There are thousands of online videos and pages about any given thing in PS

That is pretty much SOOC, nothing really much done to them, except maybe a little sharpening.

People who are not familiar with the character that a D700 has, are often impressed with the results.

Given Alex's comment recently that his D700 is in the shop, I'm going to wager that the look of these shots is not "unique to the D700."

Nice pics

Lucky you had your lens hood!

Most reactions

Back