Almost, but not quite

John E.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thought I had a winner when I shot these pictures

Wondering if this is worth a reshoot, I had to trudge through snow thigh deep in spots to get the pictures. One would think I could find snowshoes in this town :roll: :wink:

All comments appreaciated.

IMG_0057b.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0056bw.jpg

No, I'd try it again; I see what you were going for. It's nice - but I think I'd rather see the distant view sharper.....I like #2's composition the best. :D

i dig the composition on the last 2 the best as well, interesting shot! the colours on the foreground snow looks like it has a mix of cyan an magenta casting.

I prefer the b&w here but I would use the chanel mixer to tweak different tones in the b&w.

nice shot!

Thanks Terri and Vonnagy

I am going to try to reshoot. Gonna dust off the slr and blow a roll of film, my digital camera does not have dof and zoom control I want.
The problem, the way I see it is the lines are all lateral with nothing to lead the eye through the picture plus creating the relationship between nature and Industry maybe like mixing browns with blues. Have not seen many pictures like this, so I think it's somewhat unique if I can get it to work. I hope for a little wind, cold and evening light to work for me.

Might end up a lost cause, but if one never tries........

Hey, Cruzin! The idea is neat! I especially like the first one but I'd go and reshoot if I were you :)

Personally I love the composition of the first one the best. It seems to lead your eye more to the background than the other two do.

If you're going for the reshoot, maybe consider lowering the angle you shoot from, so that the ice and snow in the foreground start to merge with the background. Not sure if I'm explaining that right, but basically I'd like to see what it looks like without that band of water in the middle. I find that a bit distracting.

Thanks mentos I will reshoot when I get good weather conditions.

mad_malteaser I agree the water was kinda bugging me also, I will try some with less water and also step back and zoom in a bit (Can't step back to far as it's from a boat launch) and try to get the pulp mill in closer so it's larger.

Most reactions

Back