Photos OK to edit
CherryTree.jpg

CherryTree2.jpg

CherryTree3.jpg

Last edited:
nice comp.
nice DOF.
nice sharpness.
selective color....eh. but thats strictly opinion.

nice shot overall! :thumbup:

Not too crazy about the selective color, or the angle. It makes it not discernible enough in my opinion., and there is quite a bit of nothing in the rest of the photo.

Yea, I was "eh" about the coloring also. But there is just so much color in the photo it all tends to run together. I would have liked to had a different angle but the wind is blowing pretty good today so only a few shots came out in focus. I'm going to go back on a more calm day.

Honestly, the selective coloring ruins it for me completely. I think if it was in full color it could be nice. You could always desaturate the background a smidge to bring out the color in the flower more.

Honestly, the selective coloring ruins it for me completely. I think if it was in full color it could be nice. You could always desaturate the background a smidge to bring out the color in the flower more.

+1

great suggestion.
the color will still pop, but not in the cheesey slecetive color way :D

I'll try that and post a comparison. I thought about cropping of a little on the left but I wanted to keep the picture as whole as possible for future cropping and printing purposes.

Comparison picture posted in first post.

Sorry guys, Here is another edit. I added more contrast to the background and healed out the shadow on the closest petal. Is this better than the selective color in the first?

CherryTree3.jpg

great edits!
well done :thumbup:

that last one is the winner for me.

Wow... that's so much better in full color. The background ones look intentionally 'subdued' still but it works well.

Eric
I completely understand about the wind blowing and making it difficult at best for shots. Your idea, and last edit has provided me with an idea the next time I shot when it is windy out.

I really like the dof and the coloring/shading of the last edit. It makes the eye move from the subject back into the shot and wonder where it is going.
Nice windy shot!

Most reactions

Back