Aloe in bloom

aerialphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Blooming aloe plant next to the house. Mixed natural light, and flash. Wish it had a little more depth of field but...that's the way it is!

675526663_DsT23-XL.jpg

Nikon D200 w/Nikkor 135/f2.8 + Nikon SB800

Wow, it's beautiful! Really great shot, I love the colors and the shape. The background is blurred nicely and fills the frame while the Aloe stands out in front

What a beautiful plant. I would like to see more of it, but from different angles. Looks like a plant you can have alot of fun with.

They're neat, and several around here to play with but getting the light just right is a challenge. These were early in the morning when the background was still dark but sun was hitting the top of the plant.

675525608_jRQAW-XL.jpg

Thanks... nope, not really. I don't really have a macro lens or tubes.

Very pretty colors that you dont see in most other plants and the shapes are unique.

Ive done some early am and late pm photos of flowers in low light to achieve more depth of field. Whats needed is a tripod of course and no breeze. The other item I tried using was my daughters lap top chalk board as a backgound to isolate the flower.

Nice shots :)

Nice pictures! How do you make the background completely dark?

Nice pictures! How do you make the background completely dark?

Thanks!

It's the just way the sun was. I chose my point of view so the trees in the background were in deep shadow. I also used a 135mm lens so there was only a small chunk of background to worry about... plus the amount of flash I used helped me kill a little of the ambient light.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back