Alone Without Water

Nagala

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I guess I'll begin with one that I recently had a debate about. Some like the angle, others don't. I'll let you decide.
(Don't worry, I don't take offense.)

fire2.jpg

I like the shot, I can't say which I would like better (angled or no) because when I turn my head I can't quite picture it :) I like the title here, really adds to the image. Nice work, I hope you will share more.

IMO.. I like the angle. I believe that if the angle is off enough that it looks intentional. With that in mind, I like when there is an intentional lean. I really like this shot. In particular because of the lean. It makes the firefighter look like he/she has to work even harder at this already difficult job. Good work.

Nice pic. Love everything!

What the heck is up with your avatar? :?

i like the angle. re-inforces the idea of his "uphill battle."

i, too, wondered about your avatar. little angry with the world at the moment?

A couple quick replies while I'm still fresh and the new guy. Yes, I went angled on purpose here (actually used the trunk of a Toyota Camry parked next door while I fumbled with my tripod). I was coming home from one job and got a call from a paper I freelance for to see if I was close. Luckily I made it to see these gorgeous billowing flames. The previous week, I completely blew a house fire, so I was relatively excited at another try so soon. It just so happened that this one was pretty much a tin building enclosing tires, which turns into a glowing ball when heated. I still only came out with 2 or 3 decents.
And as for my avatar, I recently quit the aformentioned job and rarely get to shoot news anymore. It's perfect for me. Hell, it IS me.

Nagala said:
And as for my avatar, I recently quit the aformentioned job and rarely get to shoot news anymore. It's perfect for me. Hell, it IS me.

what's you- the avatar or the job?
if the avatar is what is you, out of whom are you beating the piss?

I was wondering the same thing! By the way...Toby...have I mentioned to you that although your av is awesome...it's totally creepin me out!

Ah, correct grammar. I like it. Both are me. And I guess I'm beating the hell out of anyone looking at it, including myself.

I love the image as well. I like the angle, asothers have said, it makes his battle seem harder, more uphill so to speak. Wonderful title too.

Also love your avater... reminds me very very much of the scene in the movie Office Space where they are beating up the fax machine (or was it the copier?) in the field. Heh heh, love that movie.

I think the shot would work equally as well with or without the angle. The image evokes enough emotion either way. Good colors and composition.

great shot! I like the angle: it drives the feeling of uneasyness that this lone firefighter must be feeling. Without it, you just have a really nice above the fold picture for tomorrow's paper.

i would be interested to know how you exposed for this shot

core_17 said:
I was wondering the same thing! By the way...Toby...have I mentioned to you that although your av is awesome...it's totally creepin me out!

heheh. been gettin' that alot lately :lol:

This is awesome. I really think the angle adds to the picture. The upward slope gives it the feeling that the firefighter is fighting an uphill battle.

Well done. Nice capture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back