Alright...I need some help guys. I need to rent some strobes

burnws6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Before anyone goes on to ramble about how I should rent profoto or something else. I've decided on some dynalite heads and 1000wi power packs.

I might be doing a biiiig commercial shoot, and the owner is waiting for me to say I can. I'm able to do this, but I don't have sufficient equipment.

Anyways, long story short: local rental companies in fl are ****. They're rates are expensive and all of them, that I've found, require a full deposit. I don't have 3000+ laying around even if it's just a deposit.

Any online places that I can rent that will ship nationwide that anyone can refer?

Thanks guys!

Buuuuut...if there's a website that has good prices I'll consider any brand to be honest.

I just barely discovered that site, and I'm pretty jazzed about it.

Lots of stuff to try out. I too have a local rental spot here that requires a full deposit, which gets annoying after a while or for large rentals.

I just barely discovered that site, and I'm pretty jazzed about it.

Lots of stuff to try out. I too have a local rental spot here that requires a full deposit, which gets annoying after a while or for large rentals.

lol, exactly my thought. Extra ring flash anyone? ****, I might not buy any more equipment....just make my client pay for rental fees

I had a look at the site and the prices are quite cheap for rentals.
I do not know how much you thought renting lights would cost, but I know If I tried to rent my current light setup it would be over $1K per day.

One advantage of renting from a local company is there is usually emergency support. If something breaks, you can get a new one on site fast.

When you rent lights from a mail order system, and something is broken you can't just put things on hold for an hour while you get it fixed. You will need to shut down production and re-schedule everything. You Client will not be happy and you will not be happy because you will need to pay for another rental if it is not in the week you rented the lights.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back