Alright, I've had it! I'm making my own Tilt-shift lens!

Wow, please excuse me if I'm a bit slow here.... hehehe

I understand that the lens isn't mounted directly onto the camera. I understand that the DoF preview button closes the aperture. What I don't understand is how that button is connected to the lens? They aren't connected via contacts on the mounts, so what am I missing?

I swear, if I don't get it this time around then I'll just stop asking.

:irked:

Wow, please excuse me if I'm a bit slow here.... hehehe

I understand that the lens isn't mounted directly onto the camera. I understand that the DoF preview button closes the aperture. What I don't understand is how that button is connected to the lens? They aren't connected via contacts on the mounts, so what am I missing?

I swear, if I don't get it this time around then I'll just stop asking.

:irked:

The DoF preview button is purely mechanical and is on the lens barrel (not on the camera as SLR users are used to). You press it and it closes the diaphragm (no need for batteries or any electrical contacts).

An update? Well, I started measuring out all the pieces on my plywood last night, but couldn't start cutting because I live in the loft of a house and the people on the 3rd floor (right below me) wouldn't be able to sleep if I started going crazy with a saw.

Now I have to go to work, so this will all have to wait until tonight!

tasman: I really appreciate that offer, but the bellows I'll need to create for this thing will be a highly specialized shape; I doubt the ones you have will fit.

Most reactions

Back