Al's Feeding Time

SpaceNut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A friend of mine was a local Animal Control Officer until she moved away the other day. Unless an animal was sick or close to death she would never put them down, she'd find them homes. But, some critters weren't so lucky. 5 years ago someone bought this American Alligator in Florida when it was a baby, then they got tired of it & dumped it. She took & raised it in her back yard so it wouldn't be put to death. She built a pit for it to swim in and a "foliage" type shelter. It has a fence (wood & chain link) around it and it was very sunny out so it was difficult to take pictures, but the alligator was on his way to a a new home & I had no choice but to take them right away. Thought I'd share. C/C welcome & thanks for looking!

Alligator-American-4165.jpg

#2 Chicken wing feast

Alligator-Ame-feed-time.jpg

Alligator-Ame-full-length.jpg

Alligator-American-lurkin.jpg

Holy cow, that on heck of an alligator. I hope al isn't hungry for anything human.

Awesome shots nonetheless! I love reptiles and such, they take such great pictures.

Those are great! What a nice person you knew who would not put animals down except in the worst cases. I give them credit. It is not easy to find a home for a hungry alligator. Thanks for sharing.

Most reactions

Back