Altering info on metadata ??

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Foolish question, cuz it's a 'non-issue- but it did peak my curiosity.. someome mentioned that you can change or alter the info on the metadata once the pic was taken... no idea why you'd want to , but ... can that actually be done?

Can you tell that work's kinna slow this morning?.... :D

When you import photos in Lightroom, you have the option to add to the metadata. Some people use that option to add their copyright.

I knew you could 'add' info, however, I didn't know that you could to that in Lightroom.... but I think he was taking about actually changing info that was recorded when the pic was taken.. "Changing" the iso, aperature, camera type, etc..

He musta' had a reason.... :confused:

r

Many times commercial photographers feel they would be giving away trade secrets were they to let all their metadata go in their images to their clients. So they make sure that doesn't happen.

There are 2 kinds of metadata. EXIF and IPTC. IPTC metadata is where a copyright statement, contact info, or use license information can be added to an image. EXIF data is where you find focal length, aperture, shutter speed, camera make/model etc. written by the camera.

IMO, one of the best metadata editors available is PhotoMe. PhotoME - Exif, IPTC & ICC Metadata Editor

Most reactions

Back