Aluminum Metal Printing Advice

newguy25

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has anyone had a great experience with Aluminum metal printing that is high quality and has an easy ordering system?

I used bayphoto for a year with no problems, around christmas I had 3 arrive damaged. They replaced them no problems but I'll be looking for a new lab. Aluminyze is good, WHCC, there are a bunch.

I use adorama pix for my metal prints.

Wet printing on aluminum ? Don't you have to coat yourself ? Hm, might be interesting: platinum printed on aluminum. I guess truly forever... :1219:

I second Aluminyze--perfect quality, you don't have to download software just upload it, never green hair (Bay Photo gets complaints about this in other forums). It's a pro shop--for pros and consumers and aluminum is all they do. Look for coupons (and call for the pro discount). I also like their mounts--can hang with one hand.

Wet printing on aluminum ? Don't you have to coat yourself ? Hm, might be interesting: platinum printed on aluminum. I guess truly forever... :1219:

We are talking digital prints in aluminum, I have no idea if the platinum printing process would work on a aluminum sheet.

We are talking digital prints in aluminum, I have no idea if the platinum printing process would work on a aluminum sheet.
:1251: I know that, just the thread is in "Darkroom" section of the forum. I couldn't resist this joke. :allteeth:.
Probably it would work, maybe just aestheticaly not so much...

Thanks for the Info!

I use Bay Photo. I have had damaged metal prints come back but they have always been good on replacing them. It is a bit frustrating though. They have most if not all the options available and they have a nice roes setup for ordering. Particularly if you want clusters and splits.

I have some old metal prints laying around and have considered getting liquid emulsion to coat them with. Time has not let me explore this. I want to do platinum some day too. 16x24 platinum print could be expensive.

As far as I know, prints on aluminum media made from digital image files are made with an inkjet printer and UV cured inks.

They are made using dye sublimation

Most reactions

Back