ALWAYS Take Extra Batteries!

Verbal

$100
Reaction score
Yeah, my batteries died five minutes after I reached the destination of my two mile walk in the cold. =( lol, what a bummer.

Anyway, here's what I did get.

I learned that I my batteries only die on me when I have an important shoot.... but I dont realize untill I am there... I always carry extras now....
but looks like you had some good shots befor they died. I love b&w when shooting snow. I dig the contrast.

Nice series Jon. Dig the tones in #2 with the little bit of white snow on the right side to offset the rest of the image :thumbup:

I like the tones also... My favorites are the 2nd & last. I know how hard it is to take pics of snow - these came out very well!

yeah, batteries dont tend to hold a charge very well in the cold, if you stick the battery in your warm pocket when not in use, that will help a bunch

JeLeAk said:
yeah, batteries dont tend to hold a charge very well in the cold, if you stick the battery in your warm pocket when not in use, that will help a bunch

Oh really? Interesting, I wasn't aware of that... thanks for the tip!

And thank you call for your kind comments. =)

Nice shots! And thanks for reminding me to go recharge the spare battery (now) that I emptied at Cathedral Caverns the other day!

Nice work. Don't feel bad about the batteries, not once but twice this year I have driven quite a distance to shoot, only to get there and realize that I left all my memory cards at home:grumpy: Not bad I thought I could still shoot 35mm film in my spare SLR body, you guessed it I had a bunch of empty cans and no film:lmao:

Well, as it seems, you still made the most of the five minutes that you had with your batteries still working, eh? My favourite here is your second photo! I really like what you did to it. I have grown quite fond of this soft toning action of late!

I realised my batteries don't like the cold, either. Now my camera is small, so I usually "insulate" the battery compartment with my hand now, and keep the little camera in my hand also when I put it into my pocket (it is small enough to easily go into my anorak pocket), and the flashing "empty batteries"-sign has stopped flashing even and the camera kept on working for yet another while. Not that my hands could re-charge the batteries... now THAT would be something, but I think only Hertz could do THAT ;) ... but they stayed in working order another (probably longer) while.

Love the last one with the tiny bit of colouring on the needles!

(From a similar experience, I officially keep an extra battery in my bag. And I have also driven somewhere, got everything set up, tried to take a picture and got a non-so-welcoming "NO CF" flashing on my camera. *packs up and drives back home* Not fun stuff)

your winter series is one the best so far, the pictures are framed and composed realy well, Great Job!

One of the main things my father taught me was double up on everything in your camera bag. I actually have two bags, one with just spare equipment for long trips. Ever since I was 10 or 11 I have had two bodies and several lens in my bag. I can’t stand missing a shot or opportunity that may never happen again. All this equipment explains why I have no money.

You did great with what you did get.

Eric

Most reactions

Back