Am I an Idiot? Flash question

I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just use available light, that's what I do.

yeah i like available light but i also like that studio type look outdoors too lol.

No I just am strapped for money and wanted to use it for the shoot. I returned it today anyways. I plan on buying a sb800 or 900 when I get more money.

for the price of a SB-900 ($450+) you can sell your D40 ($250-$300) and buy a D90 body ($750 refurb), then have the ability to use i-TTL off camera in commander mode with your SB-600, then just keep an eye out for another good used 600 (I got my second one for $125 off CL) and you are set. Plus you will have all the other benefits that the D90 offers over the D40; CMOS sensor, in body AF motor, MUCH improved AF IQ, drastically increased ease of use in M mode, etc. Seems like a no brainer to me.

As for the moral issue.... that dead horse has been beaten and should be left alone.

p!nK

As for the moral issue.... that dead horse has been beaten and should be left alone.

p!nK

Actually it should not be left alone.

It seems that for some people it is okay, as long as someone doesn't do it to them. :thumbdown:

I wonder how much he would enjoy it if someone did this to him??????????

p!nK

Actually it should not be left alone.

It seems that for some people it is okay, as long as someone doesn't do it to them. :thumbdown:

I wonder how much he would enjoy it if someone did this to him??????????

I think you misunderstand the meaning of the phrase "beating a dead horse". here is the wiki definition for you

"Flogging a dead horse", (alternatively "beating a dead horse" in some parts of the Anglophone world) is an idiom that means a particular request or line of conversation is already foreclosed or otherwise resolved, and any attempt to continue it is futile; or that to continue in any endeavour (physical, mental etc) is a waste of time as the outcome is already decided.

So, in no way am I saying that what he did was ok, or even tolerated. What I am saying is... everything that needed to be said, has been said. If the point was not received on his end, there is nothing more we can do.

p!nK

mr pink

But...
that means I would be left without putting my 2cents in. :mrgreen:

mr pink

But...
that means I would be left without putting my 2cents in. :mrgreen:

PM's do wonders these days.

Did somebody say something about photography?

p!nK

for the price of a SB-900 ($450+) you can sell your D40 ($250-$300) and buy a D90 body ($750 refurb), then have the ability to use i-TTL off camera in commander mode with your SB-600,

+1,000,000 :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I would be so much better than your D40.

i don't want a d90. i am saving for a camera i really want. and i could honestly care less that people don't like what i was thinking about doing. i didnt do it. if the flash worked, i probably would have just kept it cuz i would end up liking what i can do with it

i don't want a d90. i am saving for a camera i really want. and i could honestly care less that people don't like what i was thinking about doing. i didnt do it. if the flash worked, i probably would have just kept it cuz i would end up liking what i can do with it

ehhhh... you didn't?

p!nK

The only reason you returned it was because your plan backfired. In other news, I bought a D3S to shoot a wedding this weekend.....but I don't plan to keep it.

Most reactions

Back