Am I Crazy?

Sold all my Canon gear and went mirrorless

No! How much money did you lose when you sold all your Canon gear?

Because when I'm low on cash, I go to my shelf and shake the quarters out of my DSLR.

Same like me... haha

g.png

I kept the Canon gear but purchased a $250 Canon M mirrorless with the 22mm pancake lens

sweet !

Untitled by c w, on Flickr
18346248975_2406f61827_b.jpg
Untitled[/url] by c w, on Flickr[/IMG]

Well, even if I get a mirrorless camera (currently looking forward to Fuji making a medium format camera - I hope its a mirrorless based on the Sony 44x33mm sensor), I wouldnt get rid of my DSLR, because it will still have advantages (stamina, optical viewfinder, autofocus with sports).

Also I'm planning on getting nothing but prime lenses for the mirrorless (because more light, more bokeh, more "zen" aka one less photographic variable to think about, more image quality and more compactness) and keep the DSLR for the zooms.

Oh second thought - I remember how it was when I got my D600. I first wanted to use D5100 and D600 in parallel. But quickly it turned out the image quality of the D600 was so much better I pretty much exclusively went D600.

Mind you, at ISO100 and well exposed and with the sweet spot of the glas there wasnt that much of a difference, but the D600 has so much more additional leeway in less than ideal situations and the sweet spot of the glas is so much broader, too. Like the AF-S 70-200mm f4 which is simply one big sweet spot.

Most reactions

Back