Am I getting any better?

Puma

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

I have been practicing. Let me know what you think of my latest attempts.

DSC_0005edited-1.jpg

DSC_0008edited.jpg

I also took one of my wife.

DSC_0021edited.jpg

Thanks in advance
-Puma-

It was done outdoors and I only have 1 sb-800 which was being used on camera for these pics.

When I get more lighting I will retry it with that suggestion.

-Puma-

Its a nikon d80

-Puma-

Actually I think the first two work quite well - all I'd suggest is to ease the flash ratio down a bit, so that the natural daylight is a little more prominent - the flash presence is a little too dominant for my tastes at the moment making it look a bit unnatural.

Yeah, in #1 and #2 the flash makes it look like the subject and background are 2 completely seperate entities....almost as if she's photochopped over an existing picture of the sky. Very strange.

lol, i'm not sure your wife would approve of you posting pictures of her taking off her blouse online..

lol, i'm not sure your wife would approve of you posting pictures of her taking off her blouse online..

Pfft, it's not like I've not seen her on various 'sites' anyways. This is one of the least-compromising images I've seen of her...

By the way, puma, I'm just kidding. Don't hurt me. But yeah, seriously bud, I hope you got permission for that shot to be online HAHA...

On to the other two shots, I'm gonna have to agree that I wish it had some backlighting, but since you only have one SB to work with, I can understand why, and most people you showed that shot too wouldn't be like, 'Hey, man, backlighting?' And it's not a bad shot anyways, at all, so that whole backlighting thing, not a big deal. I can't remember seeing your earlier works on here, so, since they apparently weren't a standout, or I just didn't see them, I'd say, you're totally getting better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back