Am I getting better? Visit to (Point Pelee National Park)

Joey28

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My grade 11 Photography class went for a field trip to Point Pelee National Park. We visited three places. The marsh, point & a haunted house. It was such a bad day, pouring rain and strong winds. :confused: My camera even got soaked but it still works. :thumbdown:

So we also visited a Petting Zoo since the weather was getting worse than we came home. (I will post these pictures in the animals/pet) section.

I just wanted to know if any of you see improvement or what I can do better. Some of these photographs are repeated because I have to figure out how to make a Panoramic view and hand it in for marking.

Can you please give me alot of feedback, I have been trying really hard and I am really enjoying Photography ;) Its so awsome and I have an 83% in my class.

Here they are:
DSC00376.jpg

DSC00377.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00379.jpg

DSC00380.jpg

DSC00381.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

The first idea for the Panoramic:
DSC00387.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

DSC00390.jpg

DSC00391.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

Second idea for the Panoramic (which do you think would work better...I think this one):
DSC00397.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

DSC00399.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

Now just some of the beach...:
DSC00402.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

DSC00404.jpg

DSC00405.jpg

We didn't stay long at the haunted house and I found it pretty boring. The only thing that interested me was the tree and the roof:
DSC00410.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

Please any opinions, feedback on how I am doing...anything :sexywink:

when I went a month or two ago the point was literally like 4' long. You are really lucky to see it at its longest in several years.

Most of them are out of focus...and the rain really killed the day for you it looks like...colors are very blah.

Not your fault completely though.

Great first attempt.

(You need a tripod for panoramas...and should overlap quite a bit.

the colours are ... grey (guess the weather'S fault... partially). some of them are considerably out of focus, some show potential. if you had givem them numbers I could tell you which ones ;)

some appear taken quite carelessly ... (like the one where you see someone's arm).

film or digitalk?

Yeap I was there last year as well it was really short. Now its so long. I should have walked further out but it was raining so bad. I didn't want to get drenched anymore than I already was.

For focus I don;t know what you meen by that I know for depth of field you can focus on an object in the foreground which will remain sharp and the background will be blurred or out of focus. Yes some are blurry.

Yeah there wasn't no sun or any colors just gray clouds and gray skies....

Yeah there wasn't no sun or any colors just gray clouds and gray skies....

Shoot in great light, and you are halfway to great pictures. It's not always the right time or place to take photos. Once you become more experienced and more inspired, you can tackle tougher lighting conditions, but for now, look for great morning light, or just before sunset. (golden hours)

In some of these photos light was so low that your camera had to expose for longer than you could hold still and you got camera shake. (Umbrella blown into the marshes, or schoolbus in background, or people walking through the marshes -> third photo from above, I think).

The weather was very against you, so it would have been wiser to skip the photography bit and just enjoy to be out with the class instead of being cooped up in the classroom. The first is a nice one to represent that taking the camera out was useless for the rest, and that would have then told the whole story.

Too bad the weather was soooo against you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back