Am I the only one...... who hates HEAT!!...

you're all mad!!!! This is the best weather we've had in years and it's set to continue and you're complaining!!!! I think someone must have put grumpy pills in the water supply recently...

:)

Archangel said:
yea john has a point..... there are alot of people who moan about it being too cold.... and then moan when its too hot.....

I only hate heat tho..... i'v always disliked mid-summer, and i never complain about being too cold......
being too hot is something you cant get away from... apart from standing in a cold shower.... all day..... or standing in a room with air con.... which is rare in england.
Where as being too cold is easy..... just wear more.... or put a heater on... ;)

I'm with funkyflame.... spring is best..... and i like autumn/winter.

Clearly you haven't been really cold before.

It's funny, I was just talking to my Mum yesterday and she was talking about how hot it was. There's a draught or something where she is (Suffolk).

magicmonkey said:
you're all mad!!!! This is the best weather we've had in years and it's set to continue and you're complaining!!!! I think someone must have put grumpy pills in the water supply recently...

:)

I take 2 a day..... but they just dont do anything for me anymore ;)

base said:
Clearly you haven't been really cold before.

It's funny, I was just talking to my Mum yesterday and she was talking about how hot it was. There's a draught or something where she is (Suffolk).

yea there is a certain sharpness to some british winters.... which can pick off a few old people and cause havoc...... but probably nothing in comparison to a cold canadian winter.
Suffolk got it quite bad i think..... its not too bad today tho.

lol whats heat unless you've gone upto something like 50C :shock:
which is close to what we get here peak summer... around 45C... which is as of now but the monsoons are coming in ... so its just about 40... jeez how cool is that now! :mrgreen: :er: :meh: :greenpbl:
fresh cold watermelon to keep it going yehaw!:mrgreen: ;)

I don't mind the heat too much, but the humidity is really tiring. When I left the house at 6.30 this morning it was only 16 degrees but 90% humidity. The summers I remember from my childhood were humid too of course, but only because it seemed to rain from May to October, except for 1976, when it didn't rain at all from May to October.

I was in London today and the Indian guys in the office were laughing about it, saying that it is 45 degrees back home right now. Mind you, I didn't see them turning off the air conditioning or going out to work in the courtyard...

it is already too warm here in Germany ... :( my productivity goes to zero above 20 degC

Rayna, you really dug out a very old thread here ;)

man... and it was dug up on a quote by me...

does that mean I get bad luck or something?? :p

No you were talking to my favorite subject...Archangel:er:

You are a creepy, creepy individual. :greenpbl:

Edit: Completely teasing. ;)

ha. i remember this thread. i thought i was going mad when i saw it again

Man if i lived in Texas, i'd be screwed. ;)

No Arch, if you lived in Arizona you'd be really screwed! :lmao:

Although right now it's quite 'chilly' at 75 deg. Fahrenheit. Wait until May, topping the 100 deg. Thank God for air conditioners.

Most reactions

Back