Am new what kind of camera should I buy?

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Rolo, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Rolo

Rolo TPF Noob!

:DHi guys, Am looking to get into digital wildlife photography. but, I dont no really anything about camera's except megapixels make the picture more clearer. Can you help me out guys? I want to get some thing that would be good yet cheap. what would be the best digital camera for me to buy? my budget is $100. I don't mind buying second hand either. If you can recommend some cameras or tips or something that would help me out. Thanks in advance!

2. ndredsox

ndredsox TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Did you mean to put $1,000?

3. MiaS13

MiaS13 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    :lmao::lmao:

4. potownrob

potownrob TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    lol

5. DavidElliot

DavidElliot TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    it's going to be really tough to take quality photos of wildlife with a $100 budget. unless you're looking to go film, but the purchase and development of film will add up over time. perhaps it will be better if you save up and increased your budget in order for you to purchase a quality dslr body with a quality lens to boot.

6. MiaS13

MiaS13 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    somewhere in the 400 range can get you a nice used dslr on ebay, craigslist or amazon or 500+ can get you a D40 with the kit lens, its a great starter camera. just go into like wolf and hold and shoot all the cameras in your budget get the one that clicks with you the most

7. Katier

Katier TPF Noob!

Whilst film does cost to develop, digital ( if your printing ) isn't free ;)

For a budget of $100 I'd definatly go second hand 35mm Pentax Me Super and possibly ( at a push ) a 70-210 zoom ( could definatly do it for £100, not sure about $100) which would produce very nice wildlife photos.

8. Rolo

Rolo TPF Noob!

Well I just wanna get something for now. Just to do it as a hobby for now and upgrade later.

9. TheUndisputed

TheUndisputed TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm with Katier. I would find a second hand Asahi Optical Pentax K1000 or K2, etc. with a pretty decent zoom lens. These cameras can be found all over Ebay for about $100. In Fact, I am including a link to one I found that has 4 lenses included in it for under $40 right now. I use this camera, and it takes outstanding pictures:

ASAHI PENTAX K1000 W/ 4 LENSES SWEET!!!!! - eBay (item 300288353460 end time Jan-27-09 18:14:00 PST)