Amanda

Sw1tchFX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My girlfreind is (thankfully) so very cooperative when I want to shoot pictures of her. She's just got the most amazing eyes!

2337246506_6094fb8840_o.jpg

I really like this, but I think it would of been better if her hand was not in the pic

I think the shot is good. Great eyes, not too over done. The hand though...I cant figure out why it is there and it just doesnt look right. I would even crop above it

I agree about the hand.

Even with as beautiful she is and how remarkable her eyes are, her hand actually grabs my attention.

Crop out the hand and you have a wonderful picture.

Thanks for the comments and critique!

It's her sketchbook in her hands, and it totally makes sense that it's competing for attention in the image.

Thanks for the comments and critique!

It's her sketchbook in her hands, and it totally makes sense that it's competing for attention in the image.

it's not really competing, it's confusing. Like others commented, it's not clear what the hand is doing/holding. I needed your explanation to see it's a sketchbook (and it obviously means a lot to her?).

but other than that, love her expression and yes her eyes are beautiful. You did a great job.

pascal

superb shot - really brings out her cheeky and sweet personality!?

howdya do the eyes please?

i did a portrait of my girlfiend in bw and rather cheezily
coloured her eyes blue - she would love this to be done tho

from a compositional viewpoint look at the shot with crop suggested by everyone.
In the original all the important stuff is at the edge. In the crop, her very nice eyes are in the power points of the photo.

That sketch may be meaningful but that meaning doesn't come across in the picture and the composition isn't good.

girlgc4.jpg

from a compositional viewpoint look at the shot with crop suggested by everyone.
In the original all the important stuff is at the edge. In the crop, her very nice eyes are in the power points of the photo.

That sketch may be meaningful but that meaning doesn't come across in the picture and the composition isn't good.

girlgc4.jpg

Good call, maybe even a little more from the left side too, there's not much going on in the left of the frame, but then It would get cramped quick.

Good call, maybe even a little more from the left side too, there's not much going on in the left of the frame, but then It would get cramped quick.

Don't crop to arbitrary aspect ratios. This calls attention to the dimensions and becomes expensive to frame. We have become accustomed in the US to looking at 4:5 in portrait mode and other than that looks 'funny.'

Besides, I rarely see 4:6 pictures of people in portrait mode that look well-cropped. I am clearly a bigot on that subject.

Lew

Besides, I rarely see 4:6 pictures of people in portrait mode that look well-cropped. I am clearly a bigot on that subject.

Lew

I know what you mean, often I feel like i'm the only one who likes the 3:2 ratio. aww :(

lol :D

Most reactions

Back