amateur - CC welcomed!!

EricaRie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Newbie here. Just purchased my Nikon D3000 last December. So I'm still learning the ropes and figuring out how to use it and all the different settings.

NW3.jpg

NW4.jpg

NW5.jpg

misc13.jpg

couldn't avoid the guy in the background on this one... sorry

misc4.jpg

this one was taken out of a bus window which explains the little bit of glare going on in the middle

misc8.jpg

misc7.jpg

L1.jpg

Interesting shots, and pretty typical for someone trying out their gear....

Your best shots are the seascape....... but try to get that horizon either in the lower third or top third of the frame........ Could have been more interesting with more of the fence rail in the frame and less of the sky..

The other good one is the green building.... although the bus window reflection ruins it.. Try that again, or the same composition without looking through a window and you have a winner.........

Enjoy your camera............:D

I like the last one the most, but I am a fan of cityscapes. But if you have the right software to do so, go back and make the horizon as flat as possible. That will really help. And in the future remember to check your horizon before you take a shot, because it can be the difference between a make or break shot.

And remember that random people can be your friends. They can add a sense of depth and life to something that would otherwise just be cold and lifeless, and create an initial point of focus to start out with. You are right in saying the guy didn't add anything to this photo, but if you are out and about take some shots with people in-frame just for fun. You may find when you get back home that you like the people photos more than the non-people photos.

Interesting shots, and pretty typical for someone trying out their gear....

Your best shots are the seascape....... but try to get that horizon either in the lower third or top third of the frame........ Could have been more interesting with more of the fence rail in the frame and less of the sky..

The other good one is the green building.... although the bus window reflection ruins it.. Try that again, or the same composition without looking through a window and you have a winner.........

Enjoy your camera............:D

I wish I could try that again! We were doing a bus tour in the Bahamas. There was no way we could have stopped and won't be back there for a while.... but I should have turned the flash off!! :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back