Amateur needs help with sports photography

ravensfan1996

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey there, Ive been taking photos for a few years just for fun and to share with my friends, but now want them to look better.

I currently have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ7 (6mp 12x zoom). I bought it for its zoom and image stablization.

I need know whats the best settings to take photos in very sunny conditions with fast action. (ie leave auto settings for white balance and iso? or change them to a controlled setting?) also need whats best setting for night shots.

Here are some recent photos ive taken:
http://www.bmoreravens.com/images/2007/Rams/st_louis_rams_october_14th.htm

some photos look "grainy" and others look perfect all with same settings, ive read the fz7 sometimes takes grainy shots at high iso settings.

also any recommendations for a "small" high zoom camera?

Hey,

I also use a Panasonic Lumix (DMC-FZ3, very similar), and also shoot sports. I shoot in full manual and have my aperture first set at 2.8 and then match the shutter speed to expose it properly. If you are shooting on sunny days, you'll have no problem with exposure, and make sure your ISO is at 80 or its lowest, you won't need to bump it up. Also, lets say you have 2.8 and 1/1000, raise the aperture number a bit and lower the shutter speed a bit to try and get some background blur. But don't lower it too much!

Good Luck!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back