Amateur photographer looking for mentor

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by 13ofHEARTS, Feb 21, 2010.

1. 13ofHEARTS

13ofHEARTS TPF Noob!

Hello! My name is Marguerite, but my friends call me Meg or Riku. I'm 19 and have just gotten my first professional camera after three years of using a camera phone. It's incredible! In the few days I've had it, I've already taken some gorgeous shots, but I feel I could be better if guided by a master, or even just someone more skilled than I.

I live in San Diego, but I'm willing to travel to places like Los Angeles. I'm not sure how much further I could go than that. Also, I don't have a lot of money, nor am I looking for money until I start seriously taking jobs. Looking around, I've found quite a few people who need a photographer, especially for weddings, but a wedding only happens once. I don't want to do it wrong.

I would like to find a professional photographer who is willing to take on a student. I would work for free (I wouldn't ask for a cut or anything) with you for a few shoots, hopefully weddings or the like. All advice and direction will be taken seriously and followed to the best of my ability.

To know what you're working with, here's the portfolio I made, using the pictures from my cell phone camera. None of them are edited in any way.

13ofHEARTS Studio: The right one thousand words

A new portfolio website will be up, hopefully in the next few weeks with pictures solely from the professional camera. Thank you for taking the time to read this, I hope I get to work with some of you in the future.