Amateur Photographer looking for opinions

carvinrocks2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, my name is Michael, I'm 18 and still in High School. Ever since I experimented with my grandfathers camera at a pond one day a few years ago I have loved photography but until earlier this year I have been limited to a Cobra no Zoom 8 MP piece of work.

First I'll show a few shots taken with that camera, then I'll move on with shots taken with my Canon Powershot 120 IS.

Taken on the C&T
3821417103_6f91935890_o.jpg

3821416699_5a5149f8f8_o.jpg

2727327774_b8b2c9728b_b.jpg

2687315329_62061f3709_b.jpg

In the below post I'll post shots with the Canon and give a little more information...Sorry.

Here are a few I've taken with the Canon. I would like your guys opinions on the photos, and if I have any real potential as a photographer. I love taking photos, and some people say I have talent, but I want the opinion of some real photographers. All photos have little or no editing, and these photos are not necessary what I think is my best work, just photos I didn't have to dig around to find already uploaded.

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

WoodlandRoad.jpg

sunset1.jpg

The close ups are a little blurry in the top set. Otherwise, I don't see any difference.

Yes, you have much potential as a photographer.

The close ups are a little blurry in the top set. Otherwise, I don't see any difference.

Yes, you have much potential as a photographer.
Yeah, I agree, but this was my camera during that time.
DC8000.jpg

Thanks for takin' a look!

I think almost anyone can have some potential as a photographer. Its like anything, it takes time, practice and dedication. You have to really want to learn.

The only shot of these I thought was slightly interesting was the first one. The rest are random and not particularly thought out. They look rather snapshotty.

Its not just your camera. Better equipment is nice, but you need to ultimately learn how to make what you have work for you.

Keep practicing, and try to think outside the box. You'll get the hang of it!

Most reactions

Back