Amateur Photographer.

tamika7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I'm 13 from South Australia and really interested in photography. Looking for honest thoughts on these photos or any ways I could improve... Thankyou
uploadfromtaptalk1427195923626.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1427195942253.png
uploadfromtaptalk1427195979672.jpg

Welcome to TPF! A couple of comments. I like the black & white dog the most, it is the most in focused photo that you posted. The first one looks as if it was taken by a dated point and shoot and the foreground silhouette is nothing interesting. The second photo is out of focus, perhaps you were trying to take a macro without a macro lens. Also, at this point of your shooting life, I think it is silly to put your name and logo on photos and should be reserved for marketing purposes only when you become good. Until then, allow the photos to do the talking.

You should spend more time learning the basics of photography. There are a lot of people here on TPF that are more than willing to help.

Welcome. Even when you become 'good' I'd still be careful about watermarks. Firstly whether to have them at all- it can be better to just keep the shared photo at low res. most monitors don't see better than 72ppi in any case, so sharing at 800px wide at 72ppi will restrict the usability of the image. There are also other ways of protecting your images from being 'right clicked and copied.

Secondly if you decide you MUST watermark them, keep it small and out of the way of the subject.

Hey Tamika,

Welcome to the forum! A couple things:
1) Try to number your images. In your post, just put a number before each image, it helps with critique.
2) I know you're proud of your photos, but try not to watermark them too much. If you choose to, keep it classy and small, or semi-transparent.
3) You've got a good eye starting, that much is evident. I'd say if you don't already have a decent point and shoot or cheap DSLR, pick one up and read about basic compositional guidelines like the "rule of thirds" (tip: it isn't actually a rule). Learning a bit more about how your camera reads light will really help you expand. You've got your own style, now just empower it with technical ability.

Hi Tamika,

I started here 10 months ago when I bought my first DSLR and it's a good place to learn. The advice above is good and it's best to list your settings at first if your shooting with a DSLR in manual and also enable us to edit your photos. I often will take a photo into Lightroom and really look at it and even edit it. Just keep shooting and posting. It's a good sign that you are posting and wanting to learn.

Most reactions

Back