Amateur Scenery Shots, c&c please.

haleina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently bought a Nikon d80. I haven't completely figured it out, but I'm working on it. The first three pictures I've posted here were taken with natural light in Belize. The last two were taken in Alberta.

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_00202.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

I really love the 4th one! Though it seems a bit soft for some reason, I'm not sure if it's my eyes or maybe because it's dark. But the dock on the left and the trees seem a bit blurry. Doesn't really detract from the photo that much though.

The 3rd would be alright if there wasn't the palm frond on the top (or the power lines but you can't get away from those unless you're in the middle of no where)

I think the first 2 images look more like vacation snapshots then "photographs". Make sure your horizon is level.

While I like the sunset of #3, composition-wise its lacking. The tree on the top middle is very distracting and the telephone pole/lines are also a distraction. Even with a pretty sunset, you need something to draw in the viewer. Maybe a lake, stream etc.

I like #4. I might crop some of the top off as well as some of the darker foreground water on the bottom.

#5 could be some much better without that hill on the right side.

Hope this helps.

Most reactions

Back