Amazing Tree

Aoide

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photine.net
I saw this amazing Live Oak while I was at Glenwood Cemetery here in Houston. I wish I could give you the stats on the tree like age and size, but I haven't found that yet online. I wish I had a wide angle lens and as soon as I acquire one I'm going back. I'm not sure photographs will ever really capture the majesty of this tree. I admit that I got a little misty eyed walking up to this tree and touching its trunk. All the years it has seen. I hope this tree long outlives me.

57645472-M.jpg

57645495-M.jpg

57645501-M.jpg

wow, thats a big tree

"I saw this amazing Live Oak"

Yep it is an amazing tree.... i love big ol trees and you've captured this one nicely. The third one is my fav compo, but i like the visability of all the branches in 1. nice series :thumbup:

wow, that tree is amazing, nice captures. i have that same kind of tree in my front yard... "Southern Live Oak" but it's only 10 - 12 feet tall! i doubt it will ever get like that tree!!!

Just noticed your posts, congrats on the 1'000 BTW!:wav:

Wow!
Beautiful tree!
And amazing, indeed!
We sure missed out on the good places way back when we were in Houston (which is 11 and 8 years ago, respectively)... ah well, but how could we know? Next time... ;)

I am with Archangel in loving the composition of the third photo best but being happy about getting to see symmetry of the branches going out to all directions in the first, too.

Inspiring and majestic tree..thank goodness it was in Florida, so many of those huge monsters didn't make it.
Nice photo.

Trish

Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm glad the pictures came out ok, even though I couldn't really capture the whole thing the way that I was seeing it.

Nice Images, I like 2 & 3. and even better than the pics is your excitment over a tree... Its hard to find people that like trees like that. I dont consider myself a tree hugger but when I pass great old trees like that I cant resist walking up to them and seeing if I can fit my arms all the way around it, and when I cant it makes me happy that its been there that long and no one has cut it down or destroyed it. Cant wait to see the wide angles of this tree.

Haha. I've never considered myself a tree hugger, but I would challenge anyone not to be moved in the presence of this tree. And I'm terrible at estimates, but I imagine it would take 4 to 5 people to get their arms all the way around this tree. It's huge.

Most reactions

Back