Amazon/Adorama

Adorama on the other hand is very interesting. I got an email from them yesterday that my 77mm filter was shipped yesterday (June 29th) along with the tracking number. Here is the tracking information "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on July 1, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date."

:)

If you ever need me to check the progress of a package - or anything else for you - I'm always delighted to be able to help; just drop me an email.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

http://helenoster.blogspot.com
[email protected]

Ok so i placed an order through amazon first thing this morning for a new Canon 50D. I put in for overnight shipping so it would get to me tomorrow. The fulfillment company is Adorama. It is now 7pm here on the east coast, and Adorama is closed. I never got a shipping notification all day today, and I'm getting irate.

If we received your order before 6:00 pm, the item is in stock and there were no ID verfication issues, then it should have gone out when UPS picked up from us around 7 / 7:30 pm ET.

If you have still not heard anything, please email me directly: [email protected] and I'll see what I can find out for.

Adorama on the other hand is very interesting. I got an email from them yesterday that my 77mm filter was shipped yesterday (June 29th) along with the tracking number. Here is the tracking information "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on July 1, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date."

:)

USPS has the WORST tracking. Most of the time, its "shipping/billing information recieved", no updates for a few days, then "items delivered"

WORST[/B] tracking. Most of the time, its "shipping/billing information recieved", no updates for a few days, then "items delivered"

We also find that if a USPS package is mislaid in transit that the customer must wait 45 days before submitting a lost parcel claim. If the value of the goods is over $100 it isn’t covered by insurance at all.
Conversely, experience has shown us that UPS's online package tracking is excellent and if a package is mislaid, that they are much more responsive.

Another thing people need to remember is that pick-up times for large companies like Amazon may be different than what is available to a small business or individual. If Amazon says your package was shipped at 2am it is likely that it was loaded onto a UPS truck at 2am.

I completely agree. Patience my friend.

Most reactions

Back