american digitals to britain

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Rob A, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Rob A

Rob A TPF Noob!

hey guys, my dads over in america at the moment, and im thinking of buying a DSLR, so i thought, if he gets it over in america and brings it back when he comes over again, ill save a little money. but i was wandering if they are both the same types.

i know electrical equipment is different over in america, but would i be able to use a DSLR like normal over here like loading it onto the computer, and using british batteries?

thanks guys!

2. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

I can speak for the Canon 10D and it's totally compatible.
    The TV output's default is NTSC (used in USA) but can be set for PAL as used in the UK.
    The battery charger will work on either 110vac or 240vac 50/60Hz but you will need to find one of those two-pin shaver plug adaptors or plug it into a shaver outlet.
    Only problem I can think of is that you may find the spelling of some words a little odd.
    HTH.

3. rangefinder

rangefinder TPF Noob!

I have the Olympus E-20. The were made in two sytems (E-20N-NTSC or E-20P-PAL). Other than displaying on a TV I don't think there would be any difference in the use of the cameras.

But if you're going to just shoot and download the card to the computer via a card reader I would not expect any differences.

It uses 4-AA batteries (penlight batteries) which are a standard battery size worldwide.