American Lemans @ Laguna Seca!

KJEphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First post here! This was my first time to Laguna Seca, and i must say it's my favorite track i've been to. Very friendly to us not fortunate enough to get media credentials. I had a blast and it was some great racing!! Anyways here are some pictures from thursday and friday. I've barely even gone through Saturday pictures from the actual race! C&C always welcome.

4010022304_e7ac945be3.jpg

4006503897_d53b2f439f.jpg

4007271346_7e0b56efb5.jpg

4007270310_26c0e77cae.jpg

4009255031_bc86aeea28.jpg

4009254123_2e8d029990.jpg

4007271742_3b61763fe7.jpg

4007269592_79e906acbc.jpg

I'll have more later. You can see some others here:
ALMS @ Laguna Seca 2009 - a set on Flickr

Nice shots, I've always wanted to check out a race there. On the wider shots I would like to see space in front of the car for them to drive into vs track behind them showing where they've been. If that makes sense. Again nice looks.

#3 is good with B/W, but you killed a major portion of one of the most well-known turns in motorsports (The Corkscrew) with with big black blotch!

#6 is a great shot, that's Rainey Curve right? He's my hero. :thumbup: Motorcycle races are excellent at that track!

Nice shots, I've always wanted to check out a race there. On the wider shots I would like to see space in front of the car for them to drive into vs track behind them showing where they've been. If that makes sense. Again nice looks.

Definitely, thats a habit i've been trying to break! I'll keep that in mind as i go through the pictures from the actual race. Thanks for the response

#3 is good with B/W, but you killed a major portion of one of the most well-known turns in motorsports (The Corkscrew) with with big black blotch!

#6 is a great shot, that's Rainey Curve right? He's my hero. :thumbup: Motorcycle races are excellent at that track!

Ya i definitely overdid #3, i was just trying to save a blown out image. Yep Rainey curve. I hope to make it down there for the MotoGP this year. I can't imagine watching them fly through the corkscrew! Thanks!

is the flying lizard porsche in #2 and #7 the one that ended up putting the bumble bee corvette into the wall on the last turn of the final lap?

If so, thats a bummer. good race tho. Excellent shots! Racing and cars have always been a passion of mine, just no good race tracks around where i live

is the flying lizard porsche in #2 and #7 the one that ended up putting the bumble bee corvette into the wall on the last turn of the final lap?

If so, thats a bummer. good race tho. Excellent shots! Racing and cars have always been a passion of mine, just no good race tracks around where i live

Ya it was the #45 porsche driven by Jorg Bergmeister(sp?). That was a controversial move. I still dont know how i feel about it. The corvette was grinding the porsche the last few laps and dive bombed him into turn 11. Same thing happened to Jorg in Sebring in 07' by the ferrari and he ended up losing. I think he had that on his mind and was not letting up. But still that was a pretty hard lick the corvette took. Hard to say but luckily Magnussen was alright and they both agreed it was good hard racing that ended in an unfortunate way. But wow was that exciting! Cant wait for the 2010 battle between porsche, ferrari, corvette, and BMW!

I'm a Porsche fan, I'm a Corvette fan, that's what makes Saturdays race so hard to stomach. I would love to have #2 big enough so I could have it as a screen saver. Any shots of when the Chaparral's and the 66 Acura were going around the track or of the #3, #4 Corvette's?

Thanks for all the kind words! Let's say for the race next year i wanted to get media credentials. Who would you guys suggest i send some of these pictures too that could get me a press pass? Or does it not even work
like that?

Thanks for all the kind words! Let's say for the race next year i wanted to get media credentials. Who would you guys suggest i send some of these pictures too that could get me a press pass? Or does it not even work
like that?

Getting in there is gonna be tough. You'll have to be working media. Sending them picture won't help. Everyone wants in there and the promoters will be able to be very selective when choosing people.

Last edited:
big fan of #5, has a very dif quality

Getting in there is gonna be tough. You'll have to be working media. Sending them picture won't help. Everyone wants in there and the promoters will be able to be very selective when choosing people.

Ya i figured i'd have to work through a media outlet, i just dont know how i should try to contact or get "hired" by media. Just gotta get my foot in the door somehow!

big fan of #5, has a very dif quality
Thank you!

Here's a couple more, i finally started to go through the actual race photos

4007500778_1a7cbae1ac.jpg

4040040384_e10589be83.jpg

4039288655_e8a9805070.jpg

4039288407_c1067251c9.jpg

4007271234_bed60b266a.jpg

4007501346_e177f92964.jpg

^What a great battle this was! Excited for it next season!

4006734579_93a889f890.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back