American Symbol For CC>

PropilotBW

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Bald Eagle is a bird that I think of as one of the greatest symbols of the United States of America. They are just so majestic in many ways. Where I live in Georgia, it's extremely rare to spot one. So given this opportunity, I had to jump on it. Watching them in flight is just another beautiful sight!

This shot was taken just outside of Minneapolis, MN. I saw a juvenile Bald Eagle, still brown head, feasting on a carcass. I pulled over and got out of the car to watch, but he flew off.

I observed where he was headed, and led me to the mature male and female.

PB260166.jpg

Sometimes I get so involved in watching them, I neglect taking pics because I just don't want to miss a single occurrence. They are mesmerizing to me. I suppose it is mainly the fact they came so close to disappearing. Wonderful perch!

and the fact it led you two the adults may meen the juvenile is theres so it might be using them as protection if they are its parents if thats the case there might be a nest somewhere not to far away

That is an astounding shot! In the next couple of weeks the eagles will start congregating along one of the local rivers for the salmon run. I'm hoping to get a shot half as nice!

That is an astounding shot! In the next couple of weeks the eagles will start congregating along one of the local rivers for the salmon run. I'm hoping to get a shot half as nice!

Thanks! I'm sure you will get some nice opportunities!

Every summer I do a kayak run on the Restigouche in New Brunswick, Canada. It's a world renowned for salmon... and the Bald Eagle must be aware. We see at least a dozen over the span of 3 days kayaking down the river. One year we counted at least 35. They are certainly amazing to watch in flight. Nice shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back