TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisammondphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ab2005f2.jpg

C&C

I like the composition, but i am not sure that the lighting was ideal for what you were going for.

It's a bit underexposed but can probably be brightened in post processing. Personally I don't really like the composition with the house being so far in the corner about to fall out of the frame and too much sky. But that doesn't ruin it - I think if you brighten it up it will look really good.

But are you aware the Amish don't really like to have their photo taken by people they don't know? I would assume this would apply to their homes as well. It's simply because they don't like to be treated as a tourist attraction or gawked at, they don't like the attention and are a very private community. (I grew up in central PA, friend of mine had grandparents who owned a farm surrounded by Amish, they did trade with the Amish, I spent a summer there, etc).

Well that's great, but I'm pretty sure they will never find out that I took this picture. Also, I'm only assuming it was amish, it could have just been people that own a farm in amish territory.

And as far as too much sky, I like that in an image. It makes you focus on the main subject more.

Well that's great, but I'm pretty sure they will never find out that I took this picture. Also, I'm only assuming it was amish, it could have just been people that own a farm in amish territory.

Fair enough, I was thinking more in terms of if they noticed you outside their home taking a picture (such as if they happened to look out a window while you were there), it may have bothered them - rather than whether they'd find out after the fact. They may not be the type to confront and so it's possible to offend them without realizing.

But if you are interested in Amish Photography or farm houses, check out:
http://amishphoto.com/galleryindex2.htm

Most reactions

Back