Amityville Horror

M

MDowdey

Go see it. it will change you.

and a big F you to all the critics that bashed this movie. i hate you all and have fun watching the ya-ya sisterhood over and over you fascist, starbucks drinking piglets.

now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

md

well since you asked....

I find it trite and stupid that 10 "critics" for major US newspapers would bash the movie so terribly. The only reason they do it, is because they want people to talk about what they said. they are self absorbed, money hungry, ill humored, and cliche.

the movie was fantastic. if you go into it thinking you are going to be watching sense and sensability, then yes, its going to be terrible. but if you go into thinking its going to scare the crap out of you and give you the hibby jibbys for a couple days afterwards, then yes, you will be frightened.

i dont, for one second, believe anyone who said that movie was not scary in some way.

ok, im all done.

md

Yeah I agree that this movie just went to my "must see" list. I read the book, thought the original was good and now look forward to seeing the remake.

the remake in my opinion was better because it was more accurate in comparison with the first movie with james brolin and margot kidder. they used 28 and 30 year old stars for the new one and that supposedly is more true to the book. also, the events that happen in the story of the new one match closely with the book as well.

definately gave me the willies. i still think back on some scenes and shiver.

md

i absolutely loved the original so it sounds like the remake is definately something i'll be all over. thanks for the mention MD; i don't have much time lately to see what the hell is going on in the U.S.

err...i take it Matt liked Amityville Horror. Cool I'll try to see it tonight. Nothign else is showing...Kung Fu Hustle is next week. I watched "Steamboy" (Hong Kong imports are kewl) last night. OMFG!!! it's some of the best animation i have ever seen. If you guys are Akira fans- see it!!

I'll probably wait til it's out on dvd to watch - i don't like watching horror movies at the theatre lol besides the local theatre here doesn't get many of the good movies.

I don't generally listen to watch critics say about movies....most of them don't like horror movies so :p@them

This movie was on my "movies to see list" as soon as i heard about it :)

Matt, why do you have to spoil your mood because of some folks who are paid to write crap?? Don't let them control you! :)

Dan

I read the book in one sitting when I was a kid. I finished it about 4:00 AM and was afraid to walk down the dark hallway to my bedroom to go to bed. Can't wait to see the movie.

i read the book when i was in 7th grade. it scared the crap outta me! i didn't read quite as fast as steve817, so i would read it as soon as i got home from school til it got dark out... then i'd put the book down and wait til afterschool the next day to start reading it again!

it was an awesome book as far as page turners go...

i've never seen the movie, but hear it didn't compare to the book (whatever does?) however, maybe i'll go see the new one.

Most reactions

Back