Amphitheater

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Spent a few hours wandering round Katara in Doha. Lots of processing to do yet but this is one I really like:
amp2.jpg

Comments welcome

I like this.
Have you tried a B&W version?

agree with above

How about this?

amp2-Edit.jpg

Did not think of BW but DBJ version looks good. I like the way the numbers pop out. I would have left the skateboard in though

Did not think of BW but DBJ version looks good. I like the way the numbers pop out. I would have left the skateboard in though

Oooooh that's what it is! I thought it was a purse. And I removed it to up the "simplicity" look.

Oooooh that's what it is! I thought it was a purse. And I removed it to up the "simplicity" look.
If you have seen any of my other pics you would see that I have an open attitude to processing but I rarely clone anything out.

If you have seen any of my other pics you would see that I have an open attitude to processing but I rarely clone anything out.

Personal taste I guess! [emoji106]

with you on this. And I like your original. I don't clone and I usually don't do much processing either unless I get REALLY bored. Tend to keep the photos pretty close to what I saw.

I prefer the original color. I think the contrast on the steps in the B&W detracts from the simplicity and the feeling of emptiness in the original. Of course a B&W with less contrast would probably work as well.

I prefer the original color. I think the contrast on the steps in the B&W detracts from the simplicity and the feeling of emptiness in the original. Of course a B&W with less contrast would probably work as well.

Here is my BW version:
amp2BW.jpg

with you on this. And I like your original. I don't clone and I usually don't do much processing either unless I get REALLY bored. Tend to keep the photos pretty close to what I saw.

I vary between virtually no processing and full blown HDR / Tone Mapping depending on the pic but basically everything in the pic stays in the pic.

This is good. I prefer this over the color image. It's really about spatial relationships and tones and not about color.

This is good. I prefer this over the color image. It's really about spatial relationships and tones and not about color.

Thanks Ken.

Played with contrast around the figure a bit and actually softened the lines of the steps with a bit of controlled blurring.

I actually still like the original better. The steps stood out more with the bw and the blur it is looking a little flat.

I actually still like the original better. The steps stood out more with the bw and the blur it is looking a little flat.
I was trying to create a contrast between the sharp contrasty figure and the soft background.

Thanks for the input.

Most reactions

Back