Amphitheater

LifesMirror

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I know its a lil grainy, could that be caused by using PAINT to resize it (smaller)?
iroqouisamphitheater.jpg

This seems like a highly compressed image, perhaps the defects you are seeing come from that.

OTOH, I don't understand what you were going for with the amount of manipulation on this image. Could you talk about it a bit?

I'm with The_Traveller: the information you are giving us along with this photo is a bit too unspecific for us to understand what kind of critique you hope for. Plus it would be good for us to know what was your intent in taking this photo and mostly so in applying that big amount of PS (or a similar software) to it!?!?!?

Well, to be honest, I didnt really care about this one, untill I compressed it. Then I seen the "swirl" patterns in the brick and shingle layout. I guess I put this in the wrong forum because I was mainly wondering if the grain I keep getting was from my method of compression using paint. I dont use PS cause I cant seem to get to understand it for the life of me,lol. If you want, I can post the original... Thanks for your time anyways.

Nevermind. After looking at it, it must have been me or the film. Film ISO was 400. What kind of film would have been good for this? Again, I should be asking this in the noob section,lol. I used an actual resizing program this time. Feel free to play with it...
jspn15200707.jpg

Yes, I think what irritated me to no end in the first photo that you showed us here is that very (thanks for giving us the right expression, Mark!) moiré pattern that was created by
by incorrectly downsampling the image
as is said at one point in the Wikipedia text that Mark's link takes us to. Along with those blurred edges. I really did not understand why you did it and what was the goal you meant to achieve by doing it.

The original, resized as it is now, is much better and I even see why you felt like you wanted to take this photo. It's all shapes and patterns. Now the only thing that bugs me is the slight tilt... do you mean for us to go about editing it to our hearts' content now, LifesMirror?

Well, wow, that IS one interesting building. Holy cow! Cool! I like it a lot.
The photos are all a bit bright (so was the sun) and lack in colour ... but the last one might also be quite effective in black&white... with a slightly more symmetrical crop. Oh yeah. Wonderful piece of modern architecture!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back