Amvona.com??

leopardforest

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So there is amvona.com on ebay and they sell some pretty nice tripods for dirt cheap. I am wondering has anyone purchased from them, and are most of there products rip offs of name brands like Bogen and Manfrotto or is it the real thing? Just any opinions would be great, because I am looking to buy a tripod from them, but they look almost to good to be true.

I got a tripod from there and love it..! I've had it for a while so I don't remember what model it is or how much it costs but if you want I can try to find it.

I have purchased a back-drop stand from them. It's a very good product at a pretty good price. They were a bit slow in updating their shipping/tracking info...which concerned me at the time...but everything was fine and it arrived fairly quickly.

I don't know anything about their tripods, per say...but they do seem to be a pretty good company to buy from.

I bought a tripod from Amvona and it is not fabulous. Yes, the price was good, but the quality wasn't. I actually bought it as a slightly lighter alternative to my "tank-like" Bogen. The amvona tripod is such a hassle to use that I would rather lug my Bogen around. Its quality is wonderful.

I have bought 8 different light stands and 2 reflector holders, they do ship a bit slow, but the products are good & solid. Anything with wheels/casters has a little aluminum piece that must be inserted, this could be very easy to lose. So be wary of the casters. But I highly recommend them to anyone.

I bought a single 12' stand from Bogen boom, it cost me $240.00, I bought the same sized boom from Amvona for $45.00 on Ebay. The only big differences is the metal tubing is a thinner gage of metal, and the paint is gloss Black. All the other features are 1:1 with Bogen.. accept the big costs..

Chris

I, too, have bought quite a bit from Amvona.com. I have been very pleased. I would recommend their pro line of tripods. If you go cheap when it is already cheap you could be disappointed like the poster above.

I have purchased 3 tripods, softbox lighting system, backdrop system, 2 five-in-one reflectors, 2 canvas backdrops, and 1 monopod. I have not been disappointed yet.

Regarding tripods, go with the pro lines and be patient with shipping. It took my last order about a week and a half to arrive. Be aware too that if you lose the bidding war on one item within 24 hours they will list that same item again.

Good luck to you.

Sounds like a decent place to do business. I had been looking to pick up a stand for my reflector.

i bought a tripod there, great price, but like someone else said, not that great of quality, but you do get what you pay for . I wouldnt really expect somethign better than what i got for 20 dollars, it looks like their more expensive models are probably better quality as well

Most reactions

New Topics

Back