an abandoned adventure (feedback is appreciated)

trexon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
photography forum.jpg

Like the composition, processing, but the subject in the image isn't working for me. IMO you need some details in the face, to balance out the details in the hands and pants. Having the black blob just over the face really kicks my OCD into overdrive.

I'm not really digging this photo. The large windows on the side draw a lot of attention, and the faceless fur-hut person just does not come across 'right' to draw me in.

While not technically perfect, I still think this is a fairly succesful image that tells an interesting story. If you intended for the person's features to be unrecognizable or anonymous, keep the face area the way it is.

The pose could be improved. His right arm disappears into the jacket, giving the appearance of a missing limb, and the hand on the arm is mostly in the dark which only lends to that idea. If you had the model keep both elbows out instead of one, it would have fixed those issues while also creating additional compositional shapes to enhance your main subject (triangles, which are often associated with power). I like the narrative you have here. You definitely shouldn't give up on this kind of work.

What Dan said. I am not bothered by the face being hidden, but I would have preferred that to be balanced by a clean view of the hands. One is cut off and there is some motion blur that I feel clashes with the rest of the image. Also, it might be an optical illusion because of that pipe, but it feels like it's slanted towards the right.

Otherwise, I'm intrigued by the setting, the composition, and the story that the viewer can imagine from this scene.

I like the concept and agree with limr and Danostergren but I'm wondering how it would look without the windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back