An Afternoon in the Park

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Nikon Fan, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

I had to do some portraits for my class this semester, and this is the one I was most pleased with. Please critique away and be as harsh as possible. Also I know there are some dust spots from the scanning, but I'm not sure how to fix it....

[​IMG]

2. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I wouldn't mess with this one. Really. It's just a charming, simple image and the B&W does it proud. Very nice! :D Be happy with it!

3. bshearer

bshearer TPF Noob!

The DOF botthers me, with one eye being crystal, and the other being dark and out of the focus plane along with the lowerhalf of the face.

4. spiralout

spiralout TPF Noob!

Oh. My god. Nice shot, but the inclusion of the fountain and the water looks rather funny, if not a bit scary. Heh, reminds me of myself trying to drink water after getting fillings...my face was so numb I couldn't even feel my left ear. But that's another story :) . Nice shot, though.

5. Fullpower

Fullpower TPF Noob!

beautiful image. love the flowing water, and the expression on the kids face. very nice. the impression marks on the neck are curious/disturbing.

6. craig

craig TPF Noob!

I love the playfullness of this shot. If I was to be harsh as posible I would question the near square shape of the frame.

7. tmpadmin

tmpadmin TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    A bit more detail on the right eye, just to bring it in line with the striking left eye. Nice shot. I keep coming back it's trying to say something but I'm not sure what yet. Yes playful but there seems to be more. Maybe my mind is just wondering. :) I like it!

8. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

Thanks for all the kind comments and critiques everyone!!! This really helps me to learn so I really appreciate it!!!