An amateur photographer :P

Matthew21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all! This is Matthew Jones. I love photography and i need some good suggestions for improving my photography skills :meh: and that's the reason i am here . One of my friend has suggested me to come to this forum and seek some help :blushing:. Thank you :mrgreen:

Welcome Matthew. Anything in particular you need help with?

Welcome to the forum Matthew...

Welcome to the site.

reported spam...

to the OP: Matthew, welcome to the forum, the best advice I can give is to post some pics of yours in the galleries and ask for critique. but when you do, expect real critique, not necessarily praise (unless said shots are rightfully deserving of praise), and take the suggestions and use them to help better your craft (I give this warning only because all too often people expect nothing but praise and adoration, and get discouraged if anyone mentions something that might be considered for improvement). there are some great photographers here with vast amounts of experience and knowledge willing to help.

Hi Matthew, welcome to the site. As Aloicious mentions, putting up your images and asking for critique is a good, proven way to get feedback. However, to get full value of learning, it helps if you structure your request a bit: something like:
* This is what I was trying to do
* This is how I went about it
* This is the result I got
* This is what I don't like about it or think can be improved.
* This is what I would like to have help with.

This approach allows us to get to what is relevant and important to YOU, and it helps us know what you've already tried, so we don't tell you to do stuff you already know how to do. There is a wide range of talent and experience on this forum, and the structured requests usually elicit very good feedback from the more knowledgeable participants.

hey hii! I am starting up with a new photography project. And i need tips for that only!
So some nice tips may be for completing my photography project? :)

Thank you so much :)

Thank you m8. cheers!

hey hii! I am starting up with a new photography project. And i need tips for that only!

"Photography project" covers a lot of ground. Can you be more specific?

At the top of the Beginner's Forum, there is a sticky for tutorials (http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...299286-new-feature-photography-tutorials.html). You'll have to browse through it, but there are a number of articles and links to portrait photography, among many other topics. As you go though the various links, you may want to bookmark the ones of interest to you. In addition, several posters who do brilliant portrait photography, have revealed their equipment and lighting methods as part of their threads. Look up Trever1, Binga, as two posters who have some superb images.

Thank you so much everyone. I have ordered a new portrait photography book from Amazon. And also came across this really wonderful thing, Amazon coupons. Click and see as this might prove beneficial for you :) Just an advice though. Thanks again :D

Most reactions

Back