an american icon

southpawz505

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello there...new poster here, but i figured i'd introduce myself by posting one of my favorite pictures i've taken. used a rebel ti. hope it's not too big :confused:

(it's a 2005 corvette)

corvette.jpg

Welcome to TPF!

The emblem is very crisp, good job. However, it is BIG. It's at 1280 pixels right now. Which is larger than a lot of peoples screens are capable of (or set to). Ideal images are around 800x600.

Hallo and welcome to ThePhotoForum, southpawz.
This photo fits about JUST onto my 19" flat screen with very high resolution ... should I be on any of our other computers with their old, lower res screens, I'd have to scroll to see all of it (which would diminish the joy).

DOF (standing for depth of field) and the colours are wonderful here! I am not precisely a car photo fanatic, but I like this one here. Good start. Promising. Do post more! :D

i like this shot!!! :thumbup: corvettes are great arent they?

Yeah, they are definitely awesome cars. I was able to snap this at a dealership a few months ago. My car was in for service, and I saw this beauty sitting there spotless. My camera just happened to be in my back seat so I took a few and I think this worked the best.

Sorry about the size everyone. I've never really actually exhibited anything I've taken, so I didn't know about the constraints of other peoples computers. Is this better?

corvette%20small.jpg

Pretty nice, not a big fan of cars (I don't dislike them, I just don't know anything about them), but I still like it. The sizing on the second version is good by the way.

Great shot. The second one fits way better on my screen. Love the colours.

Welcome to the forum!!

If you want to see how it will appear on lower resolution monitors, temporarily change the screen resolution to 800x600 which a fair percentage of people still use. A handy rule of thumb is to keep the max width about 650 pixels or the max height about 450 pixels when possible.

Most reactions

Back