Pics

thread_eject.jpg

wtf did I just read ...

If you post something online (Arts, Opinion, Anything...) or even IRL no matter your age, your gender, your religion, ect, YOU expose yourself to critics. Critics are nothing more than feedback. It can be positive or negative. But at the end it's up to you to turn it to the bright side, make the best of it. Then you'll improve yourself, you'll thicken your skin, level up as a human being, cut the crap, keep the good and the advice, but yeah, you have to suffer the opinion of others... We might be alone, but we're alone in a community...

Last edited:
Maybe it would have helped to explain that Josh, let people know something about you, that you're 17 and just got a p&s. Titling the thread Troll fest could make it seem like, well, you're just here to troll around...

If you're really interested in learning photography maybe start with posting in Just for fun or Beginners, and go from there to posting in other threads for discussions or critique, etc.

(Since this is now in Just for Fun I debated whether to say this, but I see something I thought worth commenting on, just a suggestion... FWIW I like the idea and you saw a great subject, just watch when you frame shots for things like people's legs in the background that are just kind of sticking into your picture. Try moving around a little and changing your vantage point and see what you get in the frame.)

Maybe it would have helped to explain that Josh, let people know something about you, that you're 17 and just got a p&s. Titling the thread Troll fest could make it seem like, well, you're just here to troll around...

If you're really interested in learning photography maybe start with posting in Just for fun or Beginners, and go from there to posting in other threads for discussions or critique, etc.

(Since this is now in Just for Fun I debated whether to say this, but I see something I thought worth commenting on, just a suggestion... FWIW I like the idea and you saw a great subject, just watch when you frame shots for things like people's legs in the background that are just kind of sticking into your picture. Try moving around a little and changing your vantage point and see what you get in the frame.)
. . . let's post what we have and concentrate on the good!
That's a sure way to stifle getting any better.

We learn from making mistakes.
If we aren't told what mistakes we're making, we won't learn how to avoid making the same mistakes repeatedly.

FWIW - Beginners forum - Moderator Notice | Photography Forum

There's already a very active forum for that Josh. It's called Facebook. ;)

Seriously, C&C here is what brought my photography from the depths to what it is now (some might say still in the depths ;) ).
OK, so some of the criticism can be harsh, not everyone is gentle and after the 9,756th noob posts a blurry photo of a random prettyish girl and thinks he/she is the next Ansel Adams one can understand why people tend to be just plain honest. :)

There's already a very active forum for that Josh. It's called Facebook. ;)

Seriously, C&C here is what brought my photography from the depths to what it is now (some might say still in the depths ;) ).
OK, so some of the criticism can be harsh, not everyone is gentle and after the 9,756th noob posts a blurry photo of a random prettyish girl and thinks he/she is the next Ansel Adams one can understand why people tend to be just plain honest. :)[/QUOTE

Oh face book ...really ?? I can put a picture there omg your so witty
I don think I'm some up and coming photographer because I posted one photo.. calm down no one said I'm the next anus Adams

Last edited:
What people are responding to is your attitude that things around you should work the way you want and that you are somehow entitled to what you want.

Oh face book ...really ?? I can put a picture there omg your so witty
I don think I'm some up and coming photographer because I posted one photo.. calm down no one said I'm the next anus Adams
I'm calm. :dob::headbang::icon_bigsmurf::wav:
That was actually a general statement, aimed at explaining, not aimed at your good self. I personally haven't seen your photo so I make no judgement on your skills.

I would suggest that those of you who continue to comment here give it a rest. From the start, yes, the OP should have posted in a more appropriate forum rather than one that leaves his snaps open to C&C. The thread has been moved and a public explanation to the OP has been given.

The OP's photographic journey may not resemble yours. In fact, he may never choose to embark on one but, in the meantime, he has the right to post here and not be pounced on. The OP may soon enough take a look at his beginning efforts and form new conclusions about them, but being jeered at and told to go elsewhere at this stage is totally uncalled for.

It's so easy to take swipes at a newcomer and then hide behind taking the high road when the newcomer gets defensive. Why this behavior continues to entertain some of you is beyond me.

I would suggest that those of you who continue to comment here give it a rest. From the start, yes, the OP should have posted in a more appropriate forum rather than one that leaves his snaps open to C&C. The thread has been moved and a public explanation to the OP has been given.

The OP's photographic journey may not resemble yours. In fact, he may never choose to embark on one but, in the meantime, he has the right to post here and not be pounced on. The OP may soon enough take a look at his beginning efforts and form new conclusions about them, but being jeered at and told to go elsewhere at this stage is totally uncalled for.

It's so easy to take swipes at a newcomer and then hide behind taking the high road when the newcomer gets defensive. Why this behavior continues to entertain some of you is beyond me.

Well said Terri!

The headliner to the "people" forum mentions sharing photos of people in your your life and that is the onus i poster under. I make no pretense of being a profesionional photographer, doesn't interesst me. Nor does it interest me to claim that my photos are "high Art". Give joshsay a break. If you want to limit this forum to "professional" photpgraphers or those with upcoming exhibitions in Soho change the headliner.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back