An early morning adventure

birdbonkers84

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
On Saturday morning I got up at 6am and headed off to my local castle to try and get some early morning photos of it. It was windy and freezing, but I'm happy with what I got and it was overall a good experience.

1. D7100 + 18-55mm lens, f/13, 21mm, bulb mode, 61 seconds exposure, ISO 100. 10 stop circular ND filter.
Dunnottar Castle by Mark Coull, on Flickr

2. D7100 + 18-55mm lens, f/13, 24mm, 25 seconds exposure, ISO 100. 10 stop circular ND filter.
Sun lit cliffs at 25 seconds by Mark Coull, on Flickr

3. D7100 +18-55mm lens, f/16, 24mm, 15 seconds exposure, ISO 100. 10 stop circular ND filter.
Sun rise by Mark Coull, on Flickr

4. D7100 + 18-55mm lens, f/16, 45mm, 15 seconds exposure, ISO 100. 10 stop circular ND filter.
The Tower House of Dunnottar Castle (portrait) by Mark Coull, on Flickr

Unfortunately the sun was hidden behind some clouds so I was unable to get a good starburst. This is my favourite side of Dunnottar Castle because it allows you to see the full extent of the ruin.

Absolutely gorgeous. You live in one of my favorite places on this planet and I am jealous. Ill trade with you any day.

I love the first because I have a great love for the Scottish green hills and castles however #2 is most pleasing to me. But really great work!

Absolutely gorgeous. You live in one of my favorite places on this planet and I am jealous. Ill trade with you any day.

I love the first because I have a great love for the Scottish green hills and castles however #2 is most pleasing to me. But really great work!

I'll never trade :D Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you've enjoyed them. I've have a real interest in castle so hopefully I can start gathering a catalogue of pictures of them to show.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Nice set, beautiful country.

I'll never trade :D Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you've enjoyed them. I've have a real interest in castle so hopefully I can start gathering a catalogue of pictures of them to show.

Ohhh I would love to see that! I cannot wait until I can come back and photograph more castles!

Very nice set Mark. Dunnotter is a difficult place to shoot well, it's full of awkward angles and the castle allways seems to be hiding to me. You've done a really great job here though, my favorite is the 1st but the 2nd has the best lighting on the landscape. I really like how you've managed to preserve the colours and luminocity in the sky.

Very nice set Mark. Dunnotter is a difficult place to shoot well, it's full of awkward angles and the castle allways seems to be hiding to me. You've done a really great job here though, my favorite is the 1st but the 2nd has the best lighting on the landscape. I really like how you've managed to preserve the colours and luminocity in the sky.

Thanks Weepete! No.2 is actually to the left of no.1 was very cool seeing the golden light travel across the cliffs from where I was standing at No.1. This side of the castle is my favourite I took a few higher up on the cliffs at around 7am so everything was still blue. Need to come back here in the glorious daylight so you can see all the details and structures of the castle layout.

Most reactions

Back