An english river

Arch

Damn You!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone, firstly thanks for comments on my first post i feel very welcome. I realise now that the time i posted wassn't too good for all you americans - probably all asleep! Anyway this is my first effort at shooting rivers, comments please.

Is the branch thats caught the sun in the middle too distracting....should I take it out? cheers

RIVER1.jpg

i like the blurred water and the lighting but a bit too dark in the foreground... over all good job :thumbup:

very nice pic! :thumbup:

I think it is an awesome pic. I did not notice the branch till ya mentioned it. Still...this is a great shot. Well done.

Ah Chiller, you and I get along so well today :hug:: .
We always agree on almost everything here today. Isn't that nice??? :lmao:

I, too, like it as it is and don't even find it too dark in the foreground. I like the rushing water, too. Where did you put the camera to achieve this - you needed quite some exposure time, right? I always get bad camera shake, it must be the shakes from old age or so... :roll:

wow, i really like that. what river did u take the pic of?
i really want to go up to the lower dart and take some pic's.

Thanks La Foto, I had the camera on a tripod as low as possible right on the lowest curve of the river bank (High risk of knocking the whole lot in the river by accident!!....doh!) and i used a 3s exposure and tweeked in ps of course:)

Cheers mabs good to see a fellow westcountryman on here, it was taken at shaw prior - just up from the two bridges and car park - some good shooting up there.

Thanks for all comments guys, maybe i will just leave the branch in...looked like a pain in the arse in ps anyway!

Cheers Skiboarder, saw your night shot of the waterfall....killer:hail:

great composition! and a suggestion! its been my experience that a sunny day is the wrong day to shoot water that you are trying to blur....had this been an overcast the image would have been altogether different and better imho! shoot the same scene on a overcast or cloudy day and watch the detail and smoothness just take over! nice effort

Your absolutly right Billy Webb, thank you for your comment. I went out that day thinking it was a lovely bright day for taking photos, then after seeing this part of the river, spent most of the afternoon there trying to get the right exposure. Next time i'll just go there when its an overcast day! lesson learned.

Most reactions

Back