An Experiment Which make NIKON D70s Reform to Panoramic Camera

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by byleon, Aug 19, 2007.

1. byleon

byleon TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Very long-playing, I hope to try Panoramic creations. Helpless is the familiar Panoramic cameras are too big, they an’t suitable for take outside as a paraphernalia, and hasselblad’s X-PAN which has already stop production is not in my economic capability. In the meantime, I also more and more make it a habit that the shortcut which digital camera bring. Hence I had this plan: Reform my NIKON D70s into the Panoramic digital camera.

I don’t really want that makeing an illegibly type like 16:9, it too close to 135 film size; I also not like the 16:10 size that most conform to golden section over-much, it’s too”perfect”, too”formulize”, too well-behaved; After watching some Panoramic works, I decide to use the inverse proportion of X-PAN: 65:24. This size has more challenges and also be unlikely to outrun my ability scope too much.

I spend a week time just indeed settles down a reformation project, and then spends 3 to prepare all materials.About this morning 3:00, the D70 s camera change body completion.In the concrete test, my detection long breadth comparison compare 65:24 have deviation, equal to 3:eek:ne appearance, fortunately deviation not big, basic still keep originally imagining a medium felling.

Lefting for to photograph device city to purchase exposure meter today was follow road to clap to descend these photographs and also be regarded as experience of a part.Suddenly discover the breadth importantly isn’t “breadth” but cause of”shock”, but from”breadth” but output of a kind of pleasant impression of”the Shu be airtight obvious”.I think probably to will have been adopt this kind of slice of hereafter, until I completely can masterly control it, and again feel need to break “normal regulations”.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ScottS

ScottS TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Whats the pixel dimensions on the reformed camera? Did you just make a permanent crop? or replace the sensor?

3. byleon

byleon TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    No, I didn't crop the image.
    I just block the sensor and the viewfinder.

4. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Don't forget to bolt a 10mm wide angle lens on for a true panorama effect :)

5. byleon

byleon TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That is great idea~~:lmao: