An explosion, and fire!

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Tonight, my family and I were strolling around the park, when we heard a LOUD BOOM! As if something nearby exploded.

Sure enough, we looked behind us to find a large cloud of smoke billowing overhead:

dsc00481eh0.jpg

dsc00431ee9.jpg

So I did what any responsible father would do... I put my wife and kids in the car and RUSHED to the scene!

Apparently a business that handled lawncare and lawnmower repair caught fire, and several gas cans exploded inside the building. I got there as the firefighters were in the thick of it!

dsc00581hj6.jpg

dsc00591bx7.jpg

After I was there a guy arrived with a news camera and a Nikon DSLR and confidently walked past police lines... so I followed him!

dsc00671zl3.jpg

dsc00731jx0.jpg

All in all, it was an exciting experience, and I felt bad for the business owners. I could've pushed the issue with the police a bit more to get a bit closer, but I saw no reason to do so.

Anyway, I sent them to local news outlets - maybe one of them will run it tomorrow! :)

Interesting story!
You did what every responsible father would do ;). Gather up wife and kids and rush (them) to the site :biggrin:

Well done (on the photos!!!).
The third seems best to me.

Of course the billowing smoke behind the trees is also interesting, but the closer ones are, quite naturally, I think, even more interesting!

Couldn't you have shown them at 800x533?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back