An explosion, and fire!

Discussion in 'Photojournalism & Sports Gallery' started by RMThompson, Jun 18, 2008.

1. RMThompson

RMThompson the TPF moderators rock my world!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Tonight, my family and I were strolling around the park, when we heard a LOUD BOOM! As if something nearby exploded.

Sure enough, we looked behind us to find a large cloud of smoke billowing overhead:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I did what any responsible father would do... I put my wife and kids in the car and RUSHED to the scene!

Apparently a business that handled lawncare and lawnmower repair caught fire, and several gas cans exploded inside the building. I got there as the firefighters were in the thick of it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After I was there a guy arrived with a news camera and a Nikon DSLR and confidently walked past police lines... so I followed him!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All in all, it was an exciting experience, and I felt bad for the business owners. I could've pushed the issue with the police a bit more to get a bit closer, but I saw no reason to do so.

Anyway, I sent them to local news outlets - maybe one of them will run it tomorrow! :)

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Interesting story!
    You did what every responsible father would do ;). Gather up wife and kids and rush (them) to the site :biggrin:

Well done (on the photos!!!).
    The third seems best to me.

Of course the billowing smoke behind the trees is also interesting, but the closer ones are, quite naturally, I think, even more interesting!

Couldn't you have shown them at 800x533?