an idiot needs advice

Jaded

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,first off i hope this is in the right place to post this,i have just got myself a new computer and without thinking i inserted my digital camera into the usb without installing the cameras drivers :oops: and now i cant get the thing to display my pictures or even recognize the camera at all,ive tried uninstalling the drivers and then reinstalling but nothing seems to work.
My camera is the fujifilm s5000,any advice would be greatly appreciated as i really miss not being able to view my pics properly.

I have an S5000 and I'm running Windows ME. If you download the drive (example: from fuji's website) and install it you should have no problem, even without the software. Plug the camera in and Turn It On and it should appear as a removable drive. Dive inside to find your pics.

My question is similar to that of the original post so I thought it would be better to revive this old thread rather than start a new one. :)

I'm working on getting a new computer at home so right now I can only transfer pics from my camera to the computer at work. I'd prefer to not install the Fuji software on a company computer unless it's absolutely necessary so would using a USB card reader to transfer from the memory card be a possibility (I'm pretty much computer illiterate but getting better :blushing: )? If I need to install the camera drivers or any other software is it possible to do so without logging into the Administrator account in Windows XP?

Thanks for any info and advice.

:cheers:
-David

Most reactions

New Topics

Back