An image worth freezing my *** off for

pursuer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just had to share this one, my best planetary image yet.

saturnmoons25zp.jpg

Looks a bit hard cut around the rings but the cloud detail is awsome!:thumbup: The seeing must have been really good especially with the moon still out! Great shot! I can't wait till the end of this month & clear skies! I might even be tempted to get myself a ToUcam just for planetary stuff!:D

Great job!:hail:

pursuer said:
I just had to share this one...

... and I am glad you do, because I am totally in awe!

That is just holy amazing. Very nice!!!

Thanks guys, ShutteredEye it is definitely real, captured by me in my backyard ;)

PlasticSpanner your right about the processing, I don't know why I bother processing images when Im tired, I always do a better job in the morning. If you get a toucam you won't regret it, my next purchase is going to be a 5X powermate to really bring out the detail in the rings.

the reprocessed version, I left the natural tilt this time, I don't know why I removed it the first time :scratch:

Now that one is awsome! :D Much better than my film attempt right now! 1 second exposure was just a little too long & I lost the details! :lol:Can't wait for the next clear night to have another go!!!:D

Whenever I look at Saturn it always ends up standing on end! :lol:

I know what you mean about wanting to process the images straight away! I got in from a nights observing at 4 am & still mixed chemicals, heated them & processed the films (disaster waiting to happen someday! :lol: )

All just so I can have the negatives the following night!:D

But you are completely forgiven as any image is fantastic when you're clouded out!:D

This is amazing!! Love this shot.. Glad you chose to share it

Thanks so much for sharing such an amazing shot. That's why ya gotta love TPF!

wow! very nice photo. i was going to ask what kind of equipment you used to get shots like that, but i probably dont want to know.:lol: im trying to save for a dSLR, and at the rate im going i wont have one until around 2008 if im lucky. by the time i save up what they want for the one i want to get, maybe i will be able to find one a little better or maybe have enough to get a different lens for it, or maybe something else.

or, if anyone here feels like being VERY generous and wants to sell me their Rebel XT or 20D for the $175 i have saved.................. :lmao:

ok, back to the topic. very nice photos. i cant wait to see more.

Most reactions

Back