An improved camera strap

lukasgunar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Have you experienced pain in your neck while carrying your SLR with bigger lens on it? I've experienced such a pain many times and also yesterday was one of those days but one cool idea has come to my mind. I saw couple of times such a strange thing on a car seatbelt specially in cars where are small kids. It's some kind of toy which is attached to the seatbelt (usually there's some animal toy on it, so kids can play with it while sitting on a car seat) but the main aim of that thing is to make seatbelt wider so when a kid is not tall enough, the seatbelt goes through baby's neck, which hurts and can harm baby. That's why that funny thing is attached to the seatbelt in order to make it more comfortable for baby because it's made of soft fabric.
While that cool idea came to my mind I was outside with one of my friends who's actually professional dressmaker. I explained to her my idea and today she brought the final product to me. It's very soft and what's the most important, it makes my strap a little wider so carrying of my SLR on the neck is much much more comfortable. I'm attaching couple of pictures of this strange thing so if anyone of you likes it, you can either make it yourself or ask some tailor to do it for you (or if none of those two options work for you and you're really really interested, then let me know). To attach it to your strap it has velcro on it so you can easily put it on or remove it. It's really cool because it doesn't cover the whole strap so people can still distinguish from your strap which camera you have :wink:

Here are some pictures (apologies for the quality of those pictures as my Canon couldn't have been used as it slaved as dummy :D). If anyone of you has invented something similar or better, just share it with us.

lukas

DSC09073.jpg

DSC09074.jpg

DSC09072.jpg

DSC09075.jpg

DSC09071.jpg

It's funny I want a narrower strap than the one that came with my D70 so the last thing I would be doing to it is make it wider.

I've tried the same thing but it didn't work for me. Made the strap slip off my shoulder all of the time.

btw... I know it looks good but that darn canon strap with the red outline just makes you a target.

Hey Big Mike, received my TPF camera strap today and it is a thing of beauty. Comfortable and I love the quick releases. Good job goes out to the TPF crew.

Yeah, really people. I have two of those straps, one of them the TPF version (with the old logo).

It is a GREAT strap (regardless of whether it says TPF or not), I don't know how I lived without them. The best part is how the neck part can be removed and just the two sides put together for a wrist-strap when you're shooting an event.

I know TPF has good straps, but a while ago I bought the up-strap. It has a narrow strap made of a kevlar type material and has a wide shoulder pad. The pad material is a soft rubber with little nipples on it to grip your shoulder. The rubber is a little "sticky" feeling that also prevents slipping. Great strap, well made.

I know TPF has good straps, but a while ago I bought the up-strap. It has a narrow strap made of a kevlar type material and has a wide shoulder pad. The pad material is a soft rubber with little nipples on it to grip your shoulder. The rubber is a little "sticky" feeling that also prevents slipping. Great strap, well made.
Link/Image?

Ah yes, these are good. The Leicas come with this kind of strap, I actually believe it is an Up-Strap.

Most reactions

Back