An Old Sunrise

Soul Rebel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was digging through some picture cd's and came across the sunrise I shot a couple of years ago, which I later enlarged and gave to my fiance as a christmas present. I was curious what you guys thought....

Sunrise.jpg

After I have been member of TPF for so long and have learned so much here, my immediate thought about this is "very centred". The rising sun is smack in the middle of the photo, and also the horizon line and the line of the reflected sunlight on the water that points towards us are quite much in the centre.
That, so I learned on there, makes a photo less interesting, exciting, thrilling, intriguing, fascinating (choose the right word now ;)), therefore it is advisable to follow the "rule of thirds", like place your point of interest (the sun) or a horizon line either on the upper border of the lower third of the picture or on the lower border of the upper third and a point-of-interest to the left border of the right third or vice versa. Do I express myself?

Yes, you did express yourself.

From what I remember of taking that photo was that it was very, very early in the morning and I had no sleep at all. It really was a matter of just snapping the photo and no thinking.

I also have this thing about having stuff centered, aligned, and in order. I look at things and I first look at whether it is even. This has caused me to get most of my pictures centered and I have a hard time changing this. I guess this is something I should work on.

Nothing wrong at all with aligning things well, and it is ok to focus centrally when you use autofocus - to begin with! Then, however, you might want to consider keeping the button half-pressed and shift the camera a little so you build up your frame according to this famous rule. You may then find you own pictures more interesting. Go try :D ;).

very nice shot!!! love the colors :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back